Welcome to my personal website! I’m a fifth year PhD student in Human-Centered Autonomy Lab in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, advised by Professor Katherine Driggs-Campbell. My research primarily focuses on autonomous navigation in crowded and interactive environments using machine learning methods. I am also involved in a wide range of other projects, such as language understanding for robots, autonomous driving, and long-horizon manipulation. My long term goal is to enable robots to interact and collaborate with people in daily life.
Previously, I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in May 2018. Before that, I was born and raised in Zhengzhou, China.
I’m open to work, looking for fulltime research scientist/applied scientist/machine learning engineer roles starting summer 2024. If you know any openings, please contact me! Thank you!.
- Learning-based Robotics
- Machine Learning
- Autonomous Driving
- Human-Robot Interaction
- 08/30/2023: Two papers in audio-vision robotics (poster) and long-horizon manipulation (oral) accepted in CoRL 2023!
- 01/2023: Three papers in crowd navigation and audio-vision robotics accepted in ICRA 2023!
- 01/10/2023: Please checkout the website and open-source code for our paper “Intention Aware Robot Crowd Navigation with Attention-Based Interaction Graph”.
- 01/03/2023: Our paper “Structural Attention-Based Recurrent Variational Autoencoder for Highway Vehicle Anomaly Detection” is accepted as full paper in AAMAS 2023 (Acceptance rate: 23.3%)! For details, please checkout our website and code.
- 11/28/2022: I passed my preliminary exam (also known as thesis proposal)! Big thanks to my advisor, my committee, and my colleagues in HCA lab!
- 06/16/2022: Our paper “Combining Model-Based Controllers And Generative Adversarial Imitation Learning for Traffic Simulation” is accepted in ITSC 2022!
- 05/2022–08/2022: Completed an applied scientist internship at Robotics and AI at Amazon!
- 01/21/2022: Two papers “Learning to Navigate Intersections with Unsupervised Driver Trait Inference” and “Off Environment Evaluation Using Convex Risk Minimization” are accepted in ICRA2022!
- 12/25/2021: Please checkout the open-source code for our paper “Learning to Navigate Intersections with Unsupervised Driver Trait Inference”.
- 03/25/2021: Our paper “Decentralized Structural-RNN for Robot Crowd Navigation with Deep Reinforcement Learning” is accepted in ICRA 2021! Also, checkout our code here!
- 06/30/2020: Our paper “Robot Sound Interpretation: Combining Sight and Sound in Learning-Based Control” is accepted in IROS 2020!
- 06/19/2020: Starting my PhD journey in HCA group!
- 09/28/2019: My personal website is live!